Friday, March 20, 2009

Once more into the pool?


IMG_1011
Originally uploaded by Iron Bieso
OK, after a delay, the YWCA got back to me this morning, so this is a call to all - do you want more pool training before April?

If so, please let me know. We could get the Sunday morning pool operation going one more time on March 29 (10 a.m. to noon) if we have interest. Please e-mail me at

jbies0341@hotmail.com

If you want to take part. If we get six to 10 people who say "I'm in!" we'll do it; if no one wants to pool it up we'll let it slide. I told the YWCA I would let them know before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 23.

As the kids say: "Holler!"

For those who have not been to the pool training sessions, they are fun. We have a big enough pool to use for at least five kayakers to work at one time. Self-rescues, rolling, assisted rescues, whatever you want to do, you can do it for free in warm, clean water.

It's a great tune-up before the ice is all gone and the rivers beckon.

Hopefully, we'll fill the session and take 'em up on their (albeit late) offer for services.

No comments: